Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Divorce Jail

It has been 2 years since separation and 1 year since divorce filing-

My third temporary support hearing -
#1- I represented my because I could not afford an attorney
#2- He filed a protection order against me because he said my request for discovery was harassing because I asked him to show proof of the disability he is claiming to avoid paying proper support for our daughter
#3- Postponed - He failed to provide discovery after 11 months past it's required date
I have been locked up in my room for 8 days reviewing documents and preparing my case - I do not have the luxury of an accountant (Like he does) because he removed from all accounts 9 months before separation with out my knowledge - That nine months I spent earning money and depositing it into the accounts - Planning my escape! I was not greedy! I just wanted enough to hire an attorney and obtain a safe home for me an my children!

The day I finally had the courage - I went to the bank to get the funds and found out he removed me from accounts when I was diagnosed with a tumor 9 months earlier!

So now I am in divorce prison! Excused only for my Birthday and Thanksgiving dinners! Forced to document the past 12 years of hell and discover more injustice and betrayal along the way!

I cry when I think of my children because - I have been locked in my room so many days and I feel so guilty because they are lacking my attention!

I am sad because- a family that has stood by me and defended me has suffered a tragic loss and I can not be there for them!

The few that stand by you as - your character is assassinated are treasures in life!

My ex likes to go to different churches and ask them to pray for me because - "I am a sick alcoholic and I cheated on him because of my disease - Please pray for my sick alcoholic wife so she can be saved and return her to me - her one true love!"

It is funny how they forget - I am just a mom - I put everyone before myself! I have been in a relationship with one man and I met him after separation! I lived in my own home! I rarely go out and all my time is devoted to my children and relationships with those I truly love!

His abuse and threats have made me determined and for the 1st time in my life - I am standing up for myself!
But it is the kind words and thoughtful actions that are shown towards me that - GIVE ME STRENGTH - I APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT OF OTHERS !

My Children and I deserve to be free!

Please share and ask that Hope - Love - Kindness will carry us all !

No comments:

Post a Comment