Thursday, January 10, 2013

I just don't like you!

My ex has led the most successful pity and smear campaign against me and it has caused me to lose friends, family, employment and now my home.

How he does it:

1. He tells people how much he loves me and he wants me back.

2. He admits he made mistakes in the marriage.

3. He gains pity.

4. Once he gains pity, he tells them he loves me but, I am an alcoholic.

5. He attends Alanon meetings to perpetuate the lie.

6. He attends Church and ask people to pray for yo me so “I can be saved and stop my wicked ways and return to the marriage.”

7. He tells people, I cheated on him, I abused him and I was only with him for his money. (ALL LIES)

8. He and his friends stalk me and I am afraid to go out in public and defend myself.

9. His friends retell the story and attack me publicly.

10. He and his friends file false charges against me (they have all been dismissed.)

11. He stalks and threatens anyone that supports me.


His lies lead to the same response.  My boss, contractor's I worked for, friends and even family have all said "I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU"


Today, I am packing up my home.  I am 44 years old and moving in with my mother. 
I was recently evicted due to actions of my stepson. 

About 6 weeks back (December 2, 2012), my neighbors contacted me and told me there were  teens drinking, being loud and destroying the property.  They were concerned my son was involved. 

I immediately accepted responsibility for my son's possible actions and cleaned up the beer cans, liquor bottles and vomit.  Afterwards I confronted my son and he reminded me he was with me the night before.  I then visited my neighbors and explained it was not my son, he was with me the night before but, I still cleaned the mess up and apologized for the confusion

December 5, 2012
My landlord contacted me and informed me the condo association was very upset about local teens using the pool area to party. I explained what had happened and assured him, it was not my son.  He reminded me my son was not on the lease and asked me to may of make sure my son does not mouth off or tell any neighbors he resides with me.

December 6, 2012
My stepson came to visit with my son and 2 friends.  They were heading to the hot tub.  I asked them not to go because recent incidents.  They promised to be quiet and not cause any trouble.  I reminded them not to tell any neighbors they were visiting me.  5 minutes later my step-son began shouting a story at the top of his lungs.  Every other word was F**K.  One of my neighbors asked him to be quiet and he responded with WTF and continued to shout his story.  My neighbor then asked him why he was here and he responded "I LIVE RIGHT THERE WTF" and pointed to my home.  I went downstairs and told the neighbor he did not live here and asked him to leave.

My stepson has only visited a few times this past year.  Once for my daughter's birthday party and this was his second visit to see my son.  I would like to believe his behavior was just a teen making bad choices but, I find it suspicious that, he was so aggressive towards my neighbor the day after my landlord had me promise the kids would be respectful and not say they live here.

Since this time I have made arrangements for my son to live elsewhere and I told my stepson he was no longer permitted to visit.  I contacted my landlord and told him the boys will never return and asked if I could stay.

My landlord contacted the condo association and presented my request.  The president of the association responded with "I JUST DON'T LIKE HER".

Apparently they have been looking for a reason to get rid of me.  I am a quiet neighbor, I rarely have visitors and only use the facilities with my 11 year old daughter.  I leave town when ever my daughter is visiting her father. I am rarely here, always respectful and helpful but, they "JUST DON'T LIKE ME" and my stepson's actions gave them an excuse to evict me. His response was the exact same I heard so many times before this past 18 months.

I am amazed the by the hostile actions taken towards me by people that don't even know me.  I am amazed how people that have seen me spend my years as a dedicated mother, volunteering and helping others believe such outlandish tales.

Where ever I go, he quickly follows until another door is slammed in my face.  I have changed my social circles, my employment and my residence with no relief.  I would have to move 400 miles to escape him but, I am confined to this 3 county area by the court unless I relinquish custody of my daughter . 


Kind words have been my salvation and are always appreciated.  I have a few friends that have stood by me and without them, I would have given up long ago.  I have no choice but to pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

2 comments:

  1. Hang tight. We're in a corporate split with my husband's brother who is a pathological narcissist. The brother is so adept at manipulation, things culminated into a felony charge against my husband when the brother attacked him and my husband defended himself. Luckily the charge was dropped because the Lord blessed us with a good lawyer and a fair prosecutor and the brother was found to be the liar he is. I believe in my Lord. I believe people like your ex and the brother will be shown the error of their ways sooner than later. You have faith and keep walking on the right path. I am 54 and read this saying when I was 18 that said something like "when a man dies, if he has 5 people he called good friends,he is considered a lucky man." I have actually got to experience that before I died and sounds like you have too. We are lucky. I treasure those friends. Just know you are not alone and the Lord always has his arms around you. Deals like the ex and the brother, you can't explain to the majority of people because they just don't get it and people like us really do run the risk of looking like the crazy ones. Stay strong and keep the Faith. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement. Kind words are always appreciated. I hope things are going better for you!

    ReplyDelete